|| Starsun Technology believes that software development should not be restricted to code creation and project delivery. It is inclusive of an accurate comprehension of the requirement and business goals and, on the basis of this comprehension, recommendations of a cost-effective solution with a fine blend of technology. Starsun Technology highly effective solution recommendations and technology proficiency have made its software development methodology stand distinct..
Taking into account the project requirements and customer interests, Starsun Technology has adopted many successful software development approaches. We are well conversant with the classic software development life cycle and equally adept in new software development trends such as the Agile methodology..
When Starsun Technology adheres to the conventional Waterfall methodology, the following phases are implemented: the requirement and analysis phase, the design phase, the implementation phase, and eventually, the testing phase. All these phases have specific entry and exit criteria..
Starsun Technologyis a pioneer in collaborative software development methodology. Herein, the customer retains its own onsite team, and Starsun Technology's offshore team is an extension of this onsite team. These two teams collaborate to attain a common goal. It is the responsibility of Starsun Technology to streamline and synchronize the processes essential for this collaboration. In this regard, Starsun Technology has implemented the Agile methodology with a highly responsive approach for numerous customers..
• Business problem definition
• Product development objectiver
• Assemble Project Team
• Knowledge Transition
• Define project execution strategies and communication channel
• Customize process
• Execute project
• Review deliverables and identify areas of improvement
• Project charter and business case
• Documentation of user, functional and system requirements
• Top level architecture, technical approach, and system design
• System decomposition into component and unit specifications and design
• Coding, unit test planning, and unit test
• Generation of test data for unit testing and system testing
• System integration and testing
• Implementation, delivery and cut-over
The ultimate aim of all these phases is to comprehend the company standards, business practice, customer requirements, the specific IT system environment, and the approach to be adhered to. The offshore team definitely experiences this comprehension as a learning curve.
We take into account the customer-specific requirements and customize the operational methodology accordingly. Simultaneously, we collaborate with the customer to uplift the business process and efficiency. For this, we utilize our past operational experience to recommend the best practices.
We have a thorough understanding of the challenges encountered during software development in different technologies and of the established processes and practices to attain success. We consider the following points to choose the optimum processes for any project: type, scope, complexity, technology, and timeline. During a typical software development cycle, we adhere to the following practices:
• Vision statement
• Elicitation and prioritization of requirements
• Knowledge acquisition and management
• Feasibility study
• Functional and non-functional requirements
• Safety, security, and performance requirements
• Buy-in, validation, and approval of requirements
• Tracing and change control of requirements
We believe that if we create a working prototype, it sometimes helps to collect further requirements from the stakeholders and to enable them to comprehend the system. Moreover, this prototyping exercise considerably decreases requirement and design errors, particularly for user interfaces.
Architecture & Design:
The key is as follows: selection of an appropriate architecture for the application, a good design of the application, and finally, a good representation of the design. Our design team is well-equipped with extensive knowledge and understanding of industry-standard architectures and best practices. The team adheres to the following fundamental principles:.
• Good designs require in-depth application domain knowledge
• Only what is hidden can be changed without risk (hence, it is important to expose interfaces and hide implementations)
• Separation of concerns leads to standard architectures
• Reusing designs through patterns yields faster implementation and better maintenance.The output of a design activity is a technical plan or blueprint of a system that helps the developers construct the system
A set of activities that transforms a design to a running system is termed as ‘Construction’. This phase requires that the engineering teams adhere to the following principles:
• Well-structured programs have fewer errors and are easier to maintain
• Software-reuse decreases cycle time and increases quality and productivity
• The Agile methodology decreases the effect of requirement changes
We emphasize robust coding standards, useful code comments, and extensive unit testing in course of this phase. We urge the team to practice test-driven development, continuous integration, and short build cycles..
Review and Verification:
We believe that error prevention is better than error removal. This implies that inspections result in significantly increased productivity, quality, and project stability. Therefore, our construction phase is composed of review and inspection of design and code. During review, if some issues are identified, we amend these. To avoid repetition of identical errors, we share the learning across the team..
The software development process includes 'testing' as an integral part. Our project plan is accompanied by a test plan. While designing and coding of an application is in progress, we develop test cases:
To leave no stone unturned for the delivered system to be of topmost quality, we promote random testing and bug bashes. The basic principle behind these activities is that 'formal testing can show the presence but not the absence of errors'.
Tracking and Monitoring:
All our phases of software development are marked by tracking and monitoring of our progress and also tuning of the processes and our efforts. These activities encompass project management, configuration management, requirement and change management, and quality and defect management.